The hostel facility is optional and room allotment is done at the time of joining. The institute shall strive to provide accommodation on the day of reporting.
Undergraduate Boys Hostel (for first year students) consisting of 40 rooms in one complex is presently established in the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Government Medical College Staff Residential complex in the B4 and B5 quarter buildings (Temporary campus). Undergraduate Boys Hostel (for second year students) consisting of 23 rooms in one complex is presently situated in the PDU medical college interns hostel (Temporary campus). The hostels are located at walkable distance from Academic block of AIIMS Rajkot. The AIIMS Rajkot is currently accommodating 36 boys of First MBBS batch 2021-22 and 37 boys of Second year MBBS batch 2020-21.
FACILITIES PROVIDED IN BOYS HOSTEL:
- All rooms are double seated and fully furnished with inbuilt lockable wooden almirah, good quality wooden bed with storage, study table with drawer, study chair, mattress, pillow, ceiling fans and electric fittings. All ceiling fans are installed with anti-hanging devices.
- In addition to the rooms for students, the Boys hostels, are provided separately with one warden room, one warden office, common room equipped with recreation and entertainment facilities. Hostel has lobby area, guests waiting area and dedicated newspaper, magazine reading corner on ground floor. Online as well as Offline Library facility is made available to the students along with a dedicated librarian. There are two dedicated rooms on the ground floor for physically disabled students.
- Each room is provided with separate bathroom & toilet, with facility of electric geyser for hot water.
- Water cooler with RO system is provided in the hostel building for 24 hours drinking water supply.
- Emergency drugs are available in hostel office which are given to the students only on the prescription of the consulting physicians.
- Hostel is provided with a bus (50-55 capacity) for transportation of students from the hostel to college and returning back to hostel. The bus is stationed at the hostel round the clock.
- Ambulance facility is available for the hostel students in the form of a vehicle with driver (available 24×7) for transportation at night to casualty section of PDU Government Medical College Rajkot, in case of any medical emergency arising in the hostels.
- Hostel surrounding area is being regularly maintained by the institute staff by time-to-time plantation drive. The marketplace is surrounding the hostels to cater to their personal daily needs.
- Both the hostels (surroundings, entrances and exit points, staircases, lobby areas, etc.) are under continuous CCTV surveillance to detect any theft or any untoward incidence.
- High speed internet connectivity through high end firewall for providing continuous and uninterrupted internet connectivity to students.
- In the current temporary hostel, recreational facilities like carom, ludo, chess, table tennis, etc. are being provided in the recreational room, moreover, facilities of Gymnasium and Outdoor sports has been made available in the nearby clubs, on payment of nominal rates.
- The Common Room of both the hostels, appliances like Television, Microwave/Electric Kettle and Refrigerator are provided to the students for their common usage.
Live mess service is provided at the doorstep in the boys' hostel. Common mess area is in vicinity of the undergraduate hostels. Food is kept warm and served in stainless steel units for students. Weekly menu is decided and inspected by student mess representatives and mess committee and quality of food is checked regularly by faculty themselves.
Students are served Breakfast: 6:30 am to 7:45 am, Lunch: 1 to 2 pm, Evening Tea and Snacks: 5 pm to 6pm Followed by Dinner: 8 pm to 9:30 pm in which different variety of hygienic food is served.
The hostels have one common room in each, having arrangements for recreational facilities which allow the students to relax. The common room has facilities for games like chess, carom, Ludo, table tennis, etc. Newspaper in different languages and magazines are available in both the hostels.
Any Ragging activity is strictly prohibited at AIIMS Rajkot. All students have pledged in writing during their admission time that they will not involve in any ragging activities at campus. There is separate Anti-ragging committee and Anti-ragging squad to monitor to ensure AIIMS Rajkot as ragging free campus. Strict measures are in place to prevent Ragging of any sort.
MANPOWER RECRUITED IN THE HOSTEL
The Boys hostels have seven male wardens along with a team of security personnel, and housekeeping staff who are on the duty round the clock as well as a librarian. They have regular interactions with the students and solve their problems as and when they arise and report the issues to the Assistant Provosts and Provost.
Mr. Nikunj Tundia
Mr. Chirag Parmar
Mr. Prakash Chavda
Mr. Mayur Kalavadia
Mr. Malhar Trivedi
Mr. Shivam Kubavat
Mr. Amitsinh Rathod
Dr. Sundip Charmode is assigned the task of overseeing the work in the boys' hostel.
Assistant Provost (Boy’s Hostel) Dr. Naresh Parmar
Assistant Provost (Boy’s Hostel) Dr. Utsav Parekh
Room No.120- Lecture Hall-2, First Floor Temporary campus of AIIMS Rajkot,
opposite PMSSY COVID hospital, Civil Hospital Campus Rajkot 360005
Phone number: 9510469007
AIIMS Rajkot MBBS Admission 2021-22 Brochure