The hostel facility is optional and the room is allotted to the student at the time of joining the institute. The institute shall strive to provide accommodation on the day of reporting.
Boys Hostel for undergraduate students is situated within the campus of AIIMS at Khanderi, Rajkot. It consists of five stories state of the art building having 24 rooms on each floor, hence, can accommodate 240 students. The building is equipped with the best facilities like solar rooftop, generator, recreational room, common room, library, washing and laundry area, canteen, lifts, standard fire-safety mechanisms with sensitive indicators, hostel-bed system (bed, mattress, pillow, storage cabinet, reading table chair, bookshelf, wardrobe), RO purifier with water cooler system, wardens and 24x7 security system, high-speed internet facility, CCTVs, Indoor-outdoor sports, etc.
FACILITIES PROVIDED IN BOYS HOSTEL:
- All rooms are double seated and fully furnished with inbuilt lockable wooden almirah, good quality wooden bed with storage, study table with drawer, study chair, mattress, pillow, ceiling fans and electric fittings, cloth hooks. All ceiling fans are installed with anti-hanging devices.
- In addition to the rooms for students, other important areas are warden office, common room equipped with recreational and entertainment facilities. Hostel has large lobby area, guests waiting area and dedicated newspaper, magazine reading corner on ground floor. Online as well as offline Library facility is made available to the students along with a dedicated librarian. There are two dedicated rooms on the ground floor for physically disabled students.
- Each floor has bathrooms & toilets on both sides, with facility of hot and cold water.
- Water cooler with RO water purifier system is provided in the hostel building for 24 hours drinking water supply.
- Emergency medicines and First-Aid Kits are available in hostel which are provided to the students as and when indicated.
- Hostel is provided with a bus (56 seater capacity) for transportation of students from the hostel to college and hospital; and returning back to hostel. The bus is stationed at the hostel round the clock.
- Ambulance facility is available for the hostel students (available 24×7) in case of any medical emergency arising during their stays.
- Hostel surrounding area is being regularly maintained and cleaned. Plantation drive is being arranged time-to-time in this area to make greenfield campus.
- Hostels (surroundings, entrances and exit points, staircases, lobby areas, etc.) are under continuous CCTV surveillance. Security staff is available round-the-clock in the hostel premises.
- Wardens are available 24x7 in the hostel for all the management and supervision.
- High speed internet connectivity through high end firewall for providing continuous and uninterrupted internet connectivity to students.
- Recreational facilities like carom, Ludo, chess, table tennis, etc. are being provided in the recreational room. It has Air conditioners, Smart TV (65 inch) with Ultra HD resolution, Tata sky HD channels subscription, Refrigerator, etc. for the students.
- Moreover, facilities of open Gymnasium and Outdoor sports i.e. Cricket kits, Footballs, Volleyball court etc. have been made available in the surroundings of the hostel.
Live mess service is provided at the doorstep. Mess area is just adjacent to the Boys Hostel. Food is being prepared in the fully hygienic kitchen in mess area, keeping warm and served in stainless steel units for students. Menu is decided and inspected by student mess representatives and mess committee and quality of food is checked regularly by faculty themselves.
Students are served Breakfast: 6:30 am to 7:45 am, Lunch: 1 to 2 pm and Dinner: 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm in which different variety of hygienic and nutritive food is served.
Ragging is strictly prohibited. All students have pledged in writing during their admission time that they will not involve in any ragging activities at campus. There is a separate Anti-ragging committee and Anti-ragging squad to monitor and ensure that the campus of AIIMS Rajkot as ‘Ragging-free campus’. Strict measures are in place to prevent Ragging of any sort.
MANPOWER RECRUITED IN THE HOSTEL
The Boys Hostel has five wardens along with a team of security personnel and housekeeping staff who are on the duty round the clock as well as a librarian. They are having regular interactions with the students to solve their issues as and when those arise and report the issues to the Provost for further management.
PROVOST: Dr. Utsav Parekh
Room No.120- Lecture Hall-2, First Floor Temporary campus of AIIMS Rajkot,
opposite PMSSY COVID hospital, Civil Hospital Campus Rajkot 360005
Phone number: 9510469007
AIIMS Rajkot MBBS Admission 2021-22 Brochure