Department Of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
The department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine AIIMS Rajkot, was established with the dawn of year 2022. Dr. Pinky Meena, M.D (Pediatrics), PDCC (Pediatrics and Adolescent Endocrinology), was appointed in-charge of the department. The department currently runs General OPD, Pediatrics and Adolescent Endocrinology special clinic and caters to e-Sanjeevani services of MOHFW. The department is committed to excel in all three areas- patient care, medical education and research.
The department shall blossom to a full-fledged comprehensive care center for neonatal, pediatric and adolescent patients. It shall aspire to be a center of excellence catering the Saurashtra region. 3) To be a leader in medical education and training of Paediatricians.
- To become leaders for change in health outcome in pediatric population in Saurashtra neighbouring region.
- To provide latest, high-quality tertiary care patient services in field of General Pediatrics, Adolescent Medicine, and Pediatrics and Adolescent Endocrinology.
- To provide comprehensive care for children and their families, produce quality physicians & paediatricians.
- To achieve excellence in teaching and training of undergraduates, postgraduates and to develop educational facilities of the highest order for the training of subspeciality fellows.
- To conduct “world-class” research and pursue advances in technology to achieve superiority in the field
- To start specialty clinics – Pediatrics and Adolescent: Respiratory clinic, Neurology clinic, Development and behaviour disorder clinic, Adolescent clinic, Nephrology clinic, Oncology clinic, and Gastroenterology clinic.
- To establish a high-end intensive care unit.
Initiation of General OPD services from 31/12/2021
Initiation of, Pediatrics and Adolescent Endocrinology Special clinic from 05/07/2022
Initiation of, Pediatrics and Adolescent Diabetes Special clinic from 07/07/2022
The department anticipates to start the following courses:
- MD in Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
- PDCC in Pediatrics and Adolescent Endocrinology
The department is planning to start intramural/extramural/multi-centric projects in collaboration with other Institutes