Rules and Regulations:
- Membership of Library
- All regular students, faculty and allied staff desirous of membership of the library shall fill in, an application form for library membership and submit it after obtaining counter signatures of the HODs of the relevant department.
- The library membership form is available online to download.
- For students, their membership forms should be updated annually.
- If a library user loses his/her library membership card, a duplicate card shall be issued on cash payment of 50/-
Membership Form- Students (Download here)
Membership Form: Faculty and Staff (Download here)
- Students will not be allowed to enter the library without a library card.
- Library users will have to enter their details in the library entry register and show their identity cards.
- Personal belongings such as books, bags and printed matter, other than library books must not be brought inside the library.
- Mobile should be kept either on vibration or silent mode.
- No eatable is allowed inside the library.
- Books removed from the shelves by readers, of not required for reference, are to be kept on the book trolley or on the table nearest to them.
- Chairs and tables and other library equipment, fittings and furniture may not be marked, defaced, or disarranged.
Circulation (Issue-Return) of books:
- Books shall be issued to library members only.
- Member shall keep their library membership card with them availing the facility of issue and return of library collection.
- Reference books are not for a loan (in case of unavoidable circumstances special permission can be given for this to the faculty members.
- Members and library staff shall inspect books at the time of book issuing
- There shall be three categories of library users.
Category A: Teaching staff
Category B: Allied staff
Category C: Students
- Members of Category-A can borrow up to 5 books for 30 days, while a member of Category-B may borrow up to 3 books for 20 days and members of Category-C may borrow up to 2 books for 15 days, which may be re-issued provided that the requested books are available and someone else has not recorded any reservation for the same book.
- A fine of Rs. 10/- per day per book shall be charged from members after the due date.
- A time of detection of library books losses from borrower, the borrower either replace same copy of book(s) in specie or shall deposit double cost as per market value.
- Periodicals/Newspapers are not allowed to be taken outside the library.
- Members shall not lend the library’s book/non-book materials to others.
- Librarian shall issue a list of books and fine the defaulters in the first week of every month and display it on the student’s notice board and upload on the website. A copy of the same should be given to the Controller of Examination (COE).
- Before final semester written examination, each final semester student shall get “No Dues Certificate” from the library.
Issue of Books to Final Year Final Semester Students during Examination:
- Final Semester students who have got their no dues cleared and desire to get a book issued for the duration of the examination can do so by making a refundable deposit of MRP of the book.
- The book so issued must be returned within one week of the last examination.
- Books not returned within one week of the last examination will incur a fine of Rs. 5/- per day, which will be deducted from their caution deposit.
Accounting of Fine:
- The fine received from the concerned person by cash and a receipt prepared manually must be issued to the cardholder.
- The fine would be deposited with the Accounts Branch by the circulation staff within 48 hours of collection of money. If the day falls on a holiday/Sunday then the fine will be deposited on the next working day.