Dr. Deepak Parchwani
Ph.D. Medical Biochemistry
Publications (Research papers):-
1. Global research trends of interleukin-6 in SARS-CoV-2 infection.
2. Analysis of the Prevalence and Severity of Dysregulated Bone Mineral Homeostasis in Nondialyzed Chronic Kidney Disease Patients.
3. Analysis of Prediagnostic Circulating Levels of Gonadotropins and Androgens with Risk of Epithelial Ovarian Cancer.
4. A Molecular Insight of the Role of PIN-1 Promoter Polymorphism (2 667C > T; rs2233679) in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients with Secondary Hyperparathyroidism.
5. Utility of P-SEP, sTREM-1 and suPAR as Novel Sepsis Biomarkers in SARS-CoV-2 Infection.
6. Analysis of the Prevalence and Severity of Dysregulated Bone Mineral Homeostasis in Nondialyzed Chronic Kidney Disease Patients.
7. Notable and Emerging Variants of SARS-CoV-2 Virus: A Quick Glance.
8. Analysis of the Pattern, Alliance and Risk of rs1799752 (ACE I/D Polymorphism) with Essential Hypertension.
9. Correlation between attendance and performance in formative assessment of first mbbs students in subject of biochemistry.
10. Gender-wise Variation in Performance in Formative Assessment and Class Attendance in the Subject of Biochemistry in First-year MBBS Students.
11. Association of lipid indices with markers of obesity in first year medical students.
12. Analysis of Association of Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor Gene A1166C Gene Polymorphism with Essential Hypertension.
13. Blood Pressure Responsiveness to the Cold Pressor Test in Normotensive Young Adults.
14. Association of Mbo I-RFLP at the Renin Locus (rs2368564) with Essential Hypertension.
15. Role of Glucose Derived Reactive Metabolites in Diabetic Nephropathy.
16. Analysis Of Iron Indices In Pre-Dialysis Chronic Renal Insufficiency Patients
17. Analysis of Methylglyoxal levels in microvascular complications of diabetes mellitus.
18. Genetic Predisposition to Diabetic Nephropathy: Evidence for a Role of ACE (I/D) Gene Polymorphism in Type 2 Diabetic Population from Kutch Region.
19. Leptin, Adiponectin and its molar ratio as a biomarker in the diagnosis of metabolic syndrome.
20. Influence of genetic variability at the ACE locus in intron 16 on Diabetic Nephropathy in T1DM patients.
21. Genetic association of ADIPOQ gene variants (-3971A>G and +276G>T) with obesity and metabolic syndrome
22. Analysis of rs646776 (apolipoprotein B) and rs2075650 (LDL buoyancy) with dyslipidemia.
23. A Common polymorphism of CYP4A11 is associated with blood pressure.
24. Association of MTHFRR C677T with hyperhomocysteinemia.
25. Cytochrome P450 – A review of structural basis of SNPs.
26. Alliance of single nucleotide polymorphism with metabolic diseases: A Review
27. Incidence and Determinants of Incipient Diabetic Nephropathy.
28. A study of branching pattern of aortic arch.
29. Prevalence and risk factors for eating disorders in Indian adolescent females.
30. Impact of lifestyle modification on glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
31. A study of anatomical variations of the musculocutaneous nerve.
32. Status of lipid profile in active smokers.
33. Genetic factors in the etiology of type 2 diabetes: linkage analyses, candidate gene association, and genome-wide association – still a long way to go!
34. Effect of active smoking on glucose tolerance and lipid profile.
35. Diabetic Nephropathy: Progression and Pathophysiology.
36. Relationship between cardiovascular autonomic (dys)function and microalbuminuria in type 2 diabetes mellitus.
37. Prevalence of hepatitis B virus infection in health care workers of a tertiary care hospital.
38. High Risk Factors for Elevated Excretion of Albumin In Diabetic Subjects.
39. Relationship between thyroid profile and semen quality.
40. Analysis of insulin resistance in various components of metabolic syndrome.
41. Glucose Tolerance & Insulin Response in Patients with Hypertension.
42. Microalbuminuria in diabetic patients: prevalence and putative risk factors.
43. Status of lipid profile in pregnancy.
44. Total antioxidant status and lipid peroxides in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis.
Awards and Honours:-
1. Best Poster Presentation at 15th Asia-Pacific Federation for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine Congress 2019; 17-20th November 2019, Jaipur
Awarding Body: APFCB - Asia-Pacific Federation for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine Congress.
2. Best Oral Presentation at CME on “NABL Impact o n L a b o r a t o r y Medicine; 27.09.2014
Awarding Body: Association of Medical Biochemists of
India (Gujarat Chapter)
Areas of Interest:-
Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders, SNPs, microRNAs
Membership of Professional/Academic/ Research bodies
1. Life member of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India.
2. Life member of Asia Pacific Federation of Clinical Biochemistry
3. Life member of International Federation of Clinical Chemistry
4. State Representative of Gujarat for Association of Clinical Biochemists of India